This draft Commission Regulation aims at amending Annex XIV of the REACH Regulation. Annex XIV lists the substances which are subject to the authorisation requirement laid down in Title VII of the Regulation. The draft proposes to include 12 additional substances in that Annex, namely:
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear;
- dihexyl phthalate;
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, di-C6-10-alkyl esters; 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, mixed decyl and hexyl and octyl diesters with ≥ 0.3% of dihexyl phthalate;
- trixylyl phosphate;
- sodium perborate, perboric acid, sodium salt;
- sodium peroxometaborate;
- 5-sec-butyl-2-(2,4-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1-yl)-5-methyl-1,3-dioxane , 5-sec-butyl-2-(4,6-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1-yl)-5-methyl-1,3-dioxane  (covering any of the individual stereoisomers of  and  or any combination thereof) (‘karanal group’);
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-ditertpentylphenol (UV-328);
- 2,4-di-tert-butyl-6-(5-chlorobenzotriazol-2-yl)phenol (UV-327);
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4-(tert-butyl)-6-(sec-butyl)phenol (UV-350);
- 2-benzotriazol-2-yl-4,6-di-tert-butylphenol (UV-320);
- diazene-1,2-dicarboxamide (C,C'-azodi(formamide)) (ADCA).
Once the regulation is adopted and enters into force, the placing on the market and the use of those substances in the EU will only be possible, after the date specified for each substance ("sunset date"), for those operators who have been granted an authorisation in accordance with Articles 60-64 of REACH, and for those who have submitted an application for authorisation before a given date ("latest application date") but a decision has not yet been adopted.
Furthermore the draft Regulation propose to extend for a limited period of time the transitional periods of a number of substances, for uses in the production of spare parts for the repair of articles or complex products produced before the sunset date and for the repair of such articles/complex products.