The Notification G/TBT/N/THA/332 (dated 21 January 2010) which entitled "Draft notification of the Alcohol Beverage Control, Re: Criteria, Procedures and Requirements for Alcohol Beverage Packages or Pictorial Labels/Warning Statements on the Local Manufactured or Imported Alcohol Beverages is intended to be replaced withThe Draft Notification of the Alcohol Beverages Control, Re: Rules, Procedures and conditions for Labels of Alcohol Beverages, issued under
., it is specified as follows:
1. The Labels of Alcoholic Beverage shall not useany messages as follows:
(1) The message which is unfair to consumers or leads to consequentially affected to social although these messages may relate to sources, condition, quality or characteristics of products or services including delivery, procurement or application of products or services.
The messages being regarded as unfair message to consumers or consequentially affected to social are defined as follows:
(a) The message which is false or exaggerated.
(b) The message which misleads the content of products or services although these messages may refer to an academic report, statistical data or unrealistic or exaggerated information.
(c) The message that directly or indirectly supports an illegal or morality or leads to discredit to the national culture.
(d) The message that leads to disharmony or prejudiceto the social or people.
(2) The message which directly or indirectly persuades to consume or pretentiously exaggerates the benefit or quality of alcoholic beverage.
2. The action of any following characteristics which are considered to be included in Clause 1 (2):
(1) The message that introduces an attitude that drinking alcohol can lead to social and sexual success including health.
(2) The message or pictorial athlete.
(3) The message or pictorial artist or singer.
(4) The message using pictorial cartoon.
(5) The message that persuades or convinces to purchase or consume in order to donate money to charity.
(6) The message that persuades or convinces to participate in activities such as music, sports, contests or recreation.
3. The draft notification shall not be applied to the alcoholic beverages manufactured or imported for distribution out of the Kingdom of Thailand or for the purposes of testing, analysis or research with a clear specification and for non-commercial benefits in the Kingdom.
4. The labels that were used prior to the date of enforcement of this notification can continue to be used not more than one hundred and eighty days after this notification becomes effective.5. This Notification shall come into force from the day following the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.